Despite using our voice constantly, and often in unusual and athletic ways, we take it for granted. I offer sessions on looking after your voice, tailored to your individual requirements.
Looking after your voice
Click here for some tips for looking after the two small vocal folds housed inside your larynx.
Vocal Wellbeing Workshop for Teachers
Vocal problems greatly affect pupil listening, learning and behaviour. Teachers can
continue to struggle with a voice problem, and absence due to voice loss can stretch into
weeks and months costing the school on several levels. There is still little or no vocal
training in undergraduate or postgraduate teacher training.
The Vocal Wellbeing Workshop for Teachers is offered as a 2-hour workshop at your school. Contents include:
- Producing the voice you need – breath, resonance, articulation.
- Warm-ups and relaxation exercises for your voice.
- Vocal care and preservation – habits, irritants and environmental factors.
- Voice toolkit for the classroom – varying your voice.
- Other communication strategies for the classroom.
Workshops can be tailored to your requirements, £75.00 per hour.