Staying in the process
We often get bogged down in “why” we are the way we are, whilst that is certainly an interesting question that has kept philosophers, psychotherapists and many other professionals working with the human condition busy for hundreds of years it is not an area of enquiry that often brings definitive answers or in fact many pointers as to how to help ease emotional pain and distress!
The more useful question in moving towards greater self-understanding and further empowerment to change our situation is “how”?
In this workshop we will be looking at the “how”of how we are and how we engage with others and the world around us. Topics that will be covered will include
- The process of relating
- Contact (what it means and how is it achieved)
- Blocks to meaningful contact
- Transference and counter-transference
- The challenge of being rather than doing
- Love as an expression of acceptance
- Helping clients to understand themselves better by encouraging them to notice how they are in the world and with us.
- When it’s difficult to love/accept the other
Come and join us for a day of exploration, experiment and creativity!
Saturday 29th June 10:00- 4:00
Cost £57.50 + VAT = £69.00 including Lunch